2017 Terms and Conditions
Our aim is to provide the fairest possible rules that respect and align the interests of our students, teachers and Coast Academy of Music. If you have any questions or concerns about our T&C’s please do not hesitate to ask us.
1. Casual Lessons - One-off casual private lessons are available subject to teacher availability. Please contact the office via email@example.com to discuss availability.
2. Introductory Lesson Offer - This offer is for new students only and can only be redeemed on their first 1/2hr private lesson at our Saratoga studio. The price is $20 (50% off the full $40 casual lesson rate) and must be paid when booking the lesson. Our standard cancellation policy also applies to these lessons.
3. Payments - Payments can be made by Cash, Cheque, Direct Debit, or by Credit Card securely through PayPal. All these details can be found at the bottom of the invoice each family will receive at the beginning of the term. All fees are due by the 3rd week of each term.
4. Collection Costs - A minimum $60 fee could be incurred if the arranged payment of your fees is not made on or before the due date. Dishonoured Cheques will attracted a $30 fee.
5. 2016 Term Dates - Our classes are run on a 40-week teaching year, in alignment with the NSW Government schools term.
Term 1 – Monday 30th January – Sunday 9th April
Term 2 – Monday 24th April – Sunday 2nd July
Term 3 – Monday 17th July – Sunday 24th September
Term 4 – Monday 9th October – Sunday December 17th
Scheduled lessons run every week during these dates. We are however; closed on the following Public Holidays and certain other dates that we will notify you about. All sessions scheduled for a closed date will be rescheduled at a mutually agreed time.
6. 2017 Public Holidays and Closed Dates
14th-17th April – Easter Weekend
25th April – ANZAC day
12th June – Queens Birthday
2rd October – Labour Day
TBC December – End of Year Recital
Cancellations (excluding group classes)
7. Notification - It is expected that students enrolled at Coast Academy of Music will commit to attending the full terms’ lessons. In exceptional circumstances (eg. illness) where a scheduled lesson needs to be rescheduled we ask that you notify our office team via email, with at least 24hrs notice. Telling your class teacher is not sufficient, for administration purposes please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Reschedules - Upon receiving your notice to reschedule a lesson the office team will be in contact to arrange a mutually suitable time. Students are limited to a maximum of 2 rescheduled lessons per term. All lessons being rescheduled must be redeemed within the current term otherwise they are forfeited and no credit will be applied. Please note the availability of your regular coach cannot be guaranteed when rescheduling as they are busy working musicians who have constant performing and teaching schedules.
9. Late Cancelations or No Shows - If you give less then 24hrs notice or fail to show up to a scheduled lesson, you will be charged for that lesson and will be unable to reschedule.
10. Teacher Absences - If your teacher is unable to provide you with your scheduled lesson for any reason, we will provide you with a substitute. If a suitable substitute cannot be found we will notify you as soon as possible, the lesson will be cancelled and you will not be charged.
11. Frequent Cancellations - If you frequently reschedule or fail to show up for your lessons, we will discontinue your bookings and offer your spot to other students.
12. Withdrawal of Enrolment - If you wish to withdraw your enrolment, 3 weeks written notice must be given to our office team. If a student withdraws during a term with the appropriate notice, a refund will be made for lessons not received. If insufficient/no notice is received in writing, fees cannot be refunded.
13. Ensembles, In School Group Classes and other fixed term group programs that culminate in a performance require commitment for the entire term.
14. No Cancellations - Due to their nature, group classes will go ahead as scheduled even if you cannot attend. No credit or refund will be issued.
15. Performance Fees - Students who choose to be involved in certain performances or performance programs, may be charged a performance fee in addition to regular rehearsal fees to cover venue costs, PA hire, sound engineering and event management.
16. Photography Consent - By participating in our programs you consent to Coast Academy of Music taking photos and videos of rehearsals and performances, and publishing them in physical and digital form to use for promotional purposes. If you wish not to have images, videos or audio of yourself used, please notify Coast Academy of Music in writing.
17. Supervision of Children - Coast Academy of Music strives to provide a safe environment but does not take responsibility for the supervision of students under the age of 18 before or after their lessons.
18. Good Conduct - To ensure Coast Academy of Music is a safe and enjoyable place for everyone, we expect all students to be courteous and thoughtful of others. We may suspend or cancel a student’s enrolment for inappropriate conduct. Inappropriate conduct includes and is not limited to bullying, offensive language and wilful damage to the property of Coast Academy of Music.
This document is updated and current as of 01/04/17. Coast Academy of Music reserves the right to edit this document at anytime